Middle East Technical University – Hacettepe University
NEUROSCIENCE AND NEUROTECHNOLOGY Ph.D. PROGRAM
Neuroscience and Neurotechnology (NSNT) Ph.D. program brings together two universities, Middle East Technical University, Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences and Hacettepe University, Institute of Neurological Sciences and Psychiatryr to support joint research between basic/clinical neurologic sciences and related technologies.
The aim of the program is:
· To bring together academicians from Faculties of Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences with different backgrounds such as biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, electric and electronics, computer, psychology, neurology, psychiatry to foster them possibilities to do education and research together.
· To focus to education and research in the following areas:
• to examine and understand “nervous system, its components and functions”, referring to structures and their organizations taking place in central and peripheral nervous system, including sensory nervous system, and extending from sub neuronal level to brain, together with their signals, behaviors, mechanics, dynamics and information processing properties
• to use, improve and develop technologies to explain, represent and mimic nervous system, its components and functions
• to use and develop technologies that help observation, examination and analysis of nervous system, its components and functions or malfunctions for scientific and medical purposes
• to use and develop technologies to repair, replace, enhance, assist and rehabilitate nervous system, its components and functions, by interacting with it, for healthcare and medical purposes
• to use and develop intelligent and efficient technologies inspired from nervous system, its components and functions
• to understand the physiology and diseases of nervous system by the use of advanced imaging tchnologies and to develop advanced analysis methods in accordance
• to develop experimental and computational models for diseases of nervous system
· To educate highly qualified researchers in the field of neuroscience for academic, governmental and private sectors.
· To supply the interdisciplinary team members an understanding of related professional and ethical responsibilities in the results and management of their research, in the area of neuroscience.
· To bring together faculty members of engineering, science and medicine to enable to do research together and supervise thesis studies on the field.
Program education language is English.